Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Chicken and Broccoli Pasta


Pasta is my comfort food.  My kids love it as much as I do so needless to say I fix it quite often.  This dish is so easy and you can add whatever strikes your fancy to the pasta.  You can choose to do seafood or a different vegetable.  Here is just one of the ways I make this oh so easy dish!

1 Lb cooked Pasta (I use Penne)
2-3 garlic cloves pressed
1 small onion finely chopped
1 to 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup of broccoli florets
2 TBS butter or margerine
2 chicken breasts cooked and cubed

Melt butter in skillet.  Add garlic and onion until onion is translucent.  Pour wine in and let it evaporate (about 45 seconds) Next pour in the heavy cream.  When it heats up, add parmesan cheese and let it melt.  Then pour in your chicken and broccoli and mix all together.  Pour into pasta and toss together.  Top with grated parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment