Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings


Fall is by far my favorite time of the year!  My crock-pot becomes a permanent fixture on my counter top.  I can already smell all the soups and comfort meals that will be created over the next few months.  I came across this crock-pot meal the other day and had to try it out.  It was actually really good and will now be put into my Fall crock-pot meal rotation.  The kids loved it too!  I hope you enjoy it as well!!

Ingredients:
  • 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
  • 1 Can of Mixed Veggies ( drained)
  • 1 tsp of Cumin
  • 1/2 tsp of pepper
  • Sprinkle of Cayenne Pepper
  • 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder
  • 2 cups of chicken stock
  • Salt to taste
Add all ingredients except for biscuit dough to the crock-pot.  Cook on Low for 6-10 hours.  Tear up biscuit dough and throw into crock-pot about 2 hours before serving.  Chicken breasts should fall apart but you can also break them up a bit with a spoon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment