Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Homemade Salsa


I love summer!  Our garden is in full bloom and we are in tomato overload!  I'm not complaining because I could seriously eat tomatoes every day.  My next few posts will be recipes that you can use with all those fresh tomatoes that may be taking over your home.  My first tomato post will be homemade salsa.  I mean who doesn't love a good salsa!  Yummm!

6-7 large tomatoes chopped
2 tsp dried cilantro or 1/4 cup fresh minced cilantro
3 jalapeno peppers (less if you don't like heat)
1 onion diced
2 garlic cloves minced
2-3 tsp lime juice
1 TBS white vinegar
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp kosher salt
1 TBS sugar
1 TSP olive oil


Combine tomatoes, onion and garlic in food processor till consistency you desire.  Then add the rest of the ingredients.  You can drain some of the excess liquid off of if you like yours a little more chunky and not runny.



No comments:

Post a Comment