Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fried Rice



We were on a shopping trip to Sam's the other day (which was an interesting adventure with 2 kids in tow). My husband and I decided to divide and conquer to get everything on my list in as short of time as possible. I was moseying around the meat section and my husband came up and said you have to try this General Tso's chicken that's in the frozen food section. You have to know my husband..he walks around tasting every free sample they hand out. Well, I went over and tasted it and it was AMAZING! So, I bought a box and said this would be a great "I don't want to cook night" dinner. Today, my hunny came home for lunch and said I want that General Tso's chicken tonight. This was music to my ears because I was not in the mood to cook today. My kids have not been angels today to say the least. So..I'm fixing to start cooking and i decided to make some Fried Rice to go with it. This is such a simple recipe and is yummy. Be careful not to put too much sesame oil in it cause it can overpower the dish.



INGREDIENTS
2 cups enriched white rice
4 cups water
2/3 cup chopped baby carrots
1/2 cup frozen green peas
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 eggs
soy sauce to taste
sesame oil, to taste (optional)


DIRECTIONS
In a saucepan, combine rice and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
In a small saucepan, boil carrots in water about 3 to 5 minutes. Drop peas into boiling water, and drain.
Heat wok over high heat. Pour in oil, then stir in carrots and peas; cook about 30 seconds. Crack in eggs, stirring quickly to scramble eggs with vegetables. Stir in cooked rice. Shake in soy sauce, and toss rice to coat. Drizzle with sesame oil, and toss again.

No comments:

Post a Comment