Saturday, August 29, 2009

Roasted Asparagus and Grilled Tomatoes



Saturday night is our usual steak night. Ahhh..I love steak! I had a conference all day today so on the way back into town I stopped and picked up some fresh veggies. We grilled steak and I roasted some asparagus and baked some sweet potatoes. We had some tomatoes ready to eat from our garden so we stuck them on the grill. I sauteed some mushrooms to go with the steak. My husband said it was his favorite meal we've ever cooked. I have to say it was pretty amazing!

Roasted Asparagus:

Lay asparagus on a foil lined cookie sheet

Coat Asparagus in Olive oil

Sprinkle with salt, pepper and lemon juice

Bake on 350 for about 10-15 minutes

Grilled Tomatoes:
Cut ends off tomatoes where they will sit flat on the grill
Cut tomatoes in half, and once opened, drizzle tomatoes with Olive Oil,
sprinkle minced garlic on top and then top with mozzerella cheese

Cook for 5-10 minutes based on heat


Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment